In addition to the University of Michigan Hospital, our faculty members see patients at more than 15 locations throughout Ann Arbor, Brighton, Canton, Chelsea, Dexter, Livonia, Northville, and Saline - complete list of Michigan Medicine locations.
In 2017, Michigan Medicine expanded its healthcare services with the relocation and reopening of the West Ann Arbor Health Center-Parkland Plaza. This facility hosts dozens of ambulatory care specialties, including more than half of the Department of Internal Medicine specialties. Our clinical operations will continue to grow with a new ambulatory care facility in Brighton, expected to open in the fall of 2018. The new building will be close to U-M’s current Brighton Health Center. It is expected to house more than 40 University of Michigan specialty services to children and adults.
Our East Medical Campus expansion will begin in 2021. Its first phase will include moving high-volume ambulatory services to this location to serve our patients while opening up space for more speciality clinics on the main medical campus. An inpatient tower expansion has officially been scheduled for 2023. It will add 155 beds to University Hospital and convert 110 semiprivate rooms to private rooms.
- For all patient-related information (find a physician/clinic, conditions/treatments, etc), please visit UofMHealth.org
- Patient and Visitor Guide
- Search and sign-up for a clinical trial! To learn more visit UMHealthResearch.org
The Department of Internal Medicine consists of 13 subspecialties:
- Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- General Medicine
- Genetic Medicine
- Geriatric and Palliative Medicine
- Hematology and Oncology
- Hospital Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Metabolism, Endocrinology & Diabetes
- Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
U-M Health Blogs
- Michigan Health serves regular doses of health news and wellness tips. It is where readers managing health conditions, caring for loved ones and simply seeking to live well find information and support.
- Michigan Health Lab is the destination for shaping and sharing the future of health. It is where cutting-edge research news and premier patient stories combine, for an audience passionate about health innovation.