FY18 Impact on the Key Drivers of Our Vision
Vision: Coordinate, lead, and support work to move Michigan Medicine and the department to the leading edge of quality improvement (QI) and care delivery system redesign.
Key Service Areas
The Quality & Innovation Program focuses on initiatives that will have the greatest impact for our department, our divisions, and Michigan Medicine. Our key areas of service are:
- Clinical quality improvement (supporting faculty and trainees)
- Clinical operations improvement (supporting Ambulatory Care Units and clinical programs)
- Teaching/mentoring in lean and other improvement techniques
Please see below to find out how to submit a project request for your division, learn about our active and completed projects, review division quality summaries, and view the department's collaborative quality initiatives.
- To submit a request for project support in your division, please complete the Quality & Performance Improvement Project Request Form and email it to the Performance Improvement Team.
- To request data for a QI project, please complete the Quality & Performance Improvement Data Request Form and email it to the Performance Improvement Team.
Please contact us at IntMed-QITeam@umich.edu if you have any questions.
Completed Project Summaries
Division Quality Summaries
Current quality summaries are available below by division:
- Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- General Medicine
- Geriatric and Palliative Medicine
- Hematology and Oncology
- Hospital Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Metabolism, Endocrinology & Diabetes
- Molecular Medicine and Genetics
- Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
Collaborative Quality Initiatives
Listed below are state-wide collaborative quality initiatives sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan that are run out of the Department of Internal Medicine.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan Cardiovascular Consortium - Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (BMC2-PCI)
- BCBSM Cardiovascular Consortium - Vascular Interventions Collaborative (BMC2-VIC)
- Genetic Testing Resource and Quality Consortium (GTRQC)
- Integrated Michigan Patient-centered Alliance on Care Transitions Collaborative (I-MPACT)
- Michigan Anti-Coagulation Quality Improvement Initiative (MAQI2)
- Michigan Hospital Medicine Safety Consortium (HMS)
- Michigan Oncology Quality Consortium (MOQC)