Danielle Wilson, email@example.com
Helen Morgan is Clinical Assistant Professor of Learning Health Sciences. An Ann Arbor native, she completed her medical school and Obstetrics and Gynecology residency at the University of Michigan. She is currently the Director of the M4 Clinical Competency Assessment, as well as Co-Director of the Path of Excellence on the Scholarship of Learning and Teaching at the University of Michigan Medical School. Her educational and research interest include technology in medical education, improving the continuum between undergraduate and graduate medical education, and diversity in medicine. She and her husband, Dan Morgan, enjoy being very active around town with their daughters Maddie and Hazel.
Areas of Interest
Research and scholarly interests: undergraduate Medical education, the continuum between medical school and residency, diversity in medicine.
Subject-matter expertise: competency based assessment, technology in medical education.
Other professional highlights:
Co-Director of the Path of Excellence on the Scholarship of Learning and Teaching, Director of the M4 Clinical Competency Assessment, AOA faculty advisor, Black Medical Association faculty advisor, member of the Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics Undergraduate Medical Education Committee.
- Maltby J, Brooks C, Horton M, Morgan HK: Long Term Benefits for Women in a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Living-Learning Community Learning Communities Research and Practice 4(1). 2016.
- Morgan HK, Ying A, Makki N: Clinical Observations 101: A Video Resource MedEdPORTAL Publications, available from: https://www.mededportal.org/publication/10333 Video: 1, 2016.
- Morgan HK, Skinner B, Marzano D, Fitzgerald JT, Curran D, Hammoud M: Improving the Medical School-Residency Transition Clin Teach. in press: 2016.
- Morgan H, Skinner B, Marzano D, Ross P, Curran D, Hammoud M.: Bridging the Continuum: Lessons Learned from Creating a Competency-Based Educational Handover in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Med Sci Educ 26(3): 443, 2016.
- Kempner S, Morgan H, Stern D, Colletti L, Goold S, Lypson M, Hopson L, Ross P: Providing Informed Consent: A Standardized Case MedEdPORTAL Publications 12: 10427, 2016.
- Morgan HK, Purkiss JA, Porter AC, Lypson ML, Santen SA, Christner JG, Grum CM, Hammoud MM: Student Evaluation of Faculty Physicians: Gender Differences in Teaching Evaluations. J Womens Health (Larchmt) 25(5): 453-6, 2016.
- Skinner B, Morgan H, Kobernik E, Kamdar N, Curran D, Marzano D, Hammoud M: The Decision to Incision Curriculum: Teaching Preoperative Skills and Achieving Level 1 Milestones. J Surg Educ 73(4): 735-40, 2016.
- Winkel AF, Nguyen AT, Morgan HK, Valantsevich D, Woodland MB: Whose Problem is it? The Priority of Physician Wellness in Residency Training. Journal of Surgical Education accepted for publication: 2016.
- Morgan HK, Haggins A, Lypson ML, Ross P: The Importance of the Premedical Experience in Diversifying the Health Care Workforce. Acad Med: 2016.