Christy Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org
James M. Cooke is Executive Director of the Clinical Simulation Center at UMHS. He graduated from the University of Virginia School of Medicine, and completed his family practice residency at the U-M Medical School where he also served as chief resident. Research interests include medical simulation and curriculum development. His clinical interests include outpatient and inpatient family medicine, and he performs a broad range of outpatient procedures at the Chelsea Family Medicine Center. As a Family Medicine practitioner he appreciates the ability to stay connected with his patients throughout their lives.
Areas of Interest
Research and scholarly interests: simulation-based education, curriculum development, primary care workforce
Subject-matter expertise: clinical simulation, family medicine residency and undergraduate medical education
Other professional highlights:
- clinical interests include outpatient and inpatient family medicine and outpatient primary care procedures
- Cooke JM, Larsen J, Hamstra SJ, Adreatta PB. Simulation Enhances Resident Confidence in Critical Care and Procedural Skills. Family Medicine. 40(3): 165-7, March, 2008.
- Brown KK, Master-Hunter TA, Cooke JM, Wimsatt LA, Green LA. Applying Health Information Technology and Team-Based Care to Residency Education. Family Medicine. 43(10):726-30, November 2011.
- Burrows HL, Blackwood RA, Cooke JM, Harrison RV, Harmes KM, Passamani PP. Otitis Media (Update). Ann Arbor, MI: Office of Clinical Affairs, University of Michigan Health System, April, 2013. [practice guideline]
- Heidelbaugh J, Cooke JM, Wimsatt L. Opportunities for Medical Student Engagement with Family Medicine. Family Medicine. 45(7):484-91, July-August 2013
- Harmes KM, Blackwood RA, Burrows HL, Cooke JM, Harrison RV, Passamani PP. Otitis Media: Diagnosis and Treatment. Am Family Physician. 88(7):435-40, October 1, 2013.
- Book Chapter: Cooke JM, Wimsatt L. Family Medicine. Book chapter in: The Comprehensive Textbook of Healthcare Simulation. edited by Levine AI, DeMaria S, Bryson EO, Schwartz AD and Sim A. Springer Science and Business Media, 2013.