Areas of Interest
Research and scholarly interests: organizational innovation, innovative technologies in higher education, teaching & learning in digital education environments, self-regulated learning, curriculum reform
Subject-matter expertise: library administration, library services in academic healthcare settings, evidence based medicine, systematic reviews, evaluation & assessment
Other professional highlights:
- Editorial Board, Journal of the Medical Library Association
- Editorial Board, Medical Reference Services Quarterly
- Editorial Advisor, Evidence Based Library and Information Practice
- Continuing Education Instructor, Medical Library Association
- Past Chair, Medical Library Association, Leadership and Management Section
- National Library of Medicine/Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries Leadership Fellows Program
- Member, Master of Health Professions Education Curriculum Committee
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Distinguished Member
- Perrier L, Farrell A, Ayala AP, Lightfoot D, Kenny T, Aaronson E, Allee N, Brigham T, Connor E, Constantinescu T, Muellenbach J, Epstein HA, Weiss A. Effects of librarian-provided services in healthcare settings: a systematic review. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2014 May 28. pii: amiajnl-2014-002825. doi: 10.1136/amiajnl-2014-002825.
- Allee NJ, Blumenthal J, Jordan K, Lalla N, Lauseng D, Rana G, Saylor K, Song J. One institution's experience in transforming the health sciences library of the future. Med Ref Serv Q. 2014;33(1):1-16. doi: 10.1080/02763869.2014.866444.
- Maggio LA, Davies KJ, Allee N, Beattie J, Berryman D, Littleton D, Tannery NH, O'Rourke K. Literature searching in medical education: online tutorial development from idea to creation. Med Ref Serv Q. 2012;31(4):372-82. doi: 10.1080/02763869.2012.724274.
- Anderson PF, Allee NJ, editors. The Medical Library Association encyclopedic guide to searching and finding health information on the web. 2004, 3 volumes, Neal-Schuman Publishers, New York.