This annual event aims to spark interprofessional collaboration, networking, and inspiration for future research and practice for educational efforts across the health professions schools at University of Michigan.
AGENDA FOR HPE DAY 2021
- 8:30 – 8:45 AM Welcome
- 8:45 – 9:45 AM Plenary/Q&A
- 9:45 – 10:00 AM Awards, Transition Instructions
- 10:00 – 10:15 AM BREAK
- 10:15-10:45 AM Zoom Room Lightning Talks
- 10:45 AM – 12 PM Poster Session on Yellowdig platform
Speaker Elena Umland, PharmD, Co-Director of JCIPE and Associate Provost of Interprofessional Practice and Education at Jefferson Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education (JCIPE) presents: “Evaluating the TEAM: Moving from the classroom into the clinical learning environment”
Elena M. Umland, BS, PharmD, is Associate Provost for Interprofessional Practice and Education and Co-Director of the Jefferson Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education (JCIPE) at Thomas Jefferson University (TJU). Dr. Umland has been actively involved with JCIPE since 2007; taking on the role of Co-Director in 2017. She received the James B. Erdmann Award for Excellence in Interprofessional Education at Jefferson University in 2011 and was inducted as a Fellow in the National Academies of Practice in 2019. She has worked in Academic Pharmacy since 2006 and is currently the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Professor of Pharmacy Practice at the Jefferson College of Pharmacy. In this role she has been appointed to the Academic Affairs committee within the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy and serves as a site reviewer/visitor for the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education. Within JCIPE, Dr. Umland’s primary roles are the continued oversight of existing and developing interprofessional initiatives within TJU and movement of JCIPE into the National and International arenas. She has worked with University leadership to enhance the organizational chart of JCIPE with partial funding of faculty as well as the addition of several full-time positions within the Center. Her scholarly activity has focused on IPE assessment via collaboration with colleagues (both pharmacy and non-pharmacy) within Jefferson as well as around the country.
- Subscribe: Sign up for the Health Professions Education Day mailing list.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: #UMHPEDay
- Attend on April 6th: Register Today
Archive of past events:
- HPE Day 2020: In-person event cancelled due to COVID 19
- HPE Day 2019: April 2, 2019
- HPE Day 2018: April 3, 2018
- HPE Day 2017: April 13, 2017
- View the 2017 HPE Day Keynote Presentation: "The Challenge of Tradition" by Dr. Jeanette Mladenovic (opens in YouTube)
- View the panel presentation (opens in YouTube): U-M Interprofessional Leadership Fellows
- HPE Day 2016: June 1, 2016
- HPE Day 2015: September 16, 2015
Short URL for this page: http://dlhs-umi.ch/HPEday