“Advancing interprofessional education, health equity and innovation in health professions education and practice.”
April 2, 2024
7:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Health Professions Education (HPE) Day is an annual event that brings together faculty, health care professionals, students and staff from the 10 health science schools across the University of Michigan’s three campuses and Michigan Medicine to share best practices for health professions education, interprofessional education and innovation in health professions education. This event is co-hosted by the Medical School’s Department of Learning Health Sciences and the Michigan Center for Interprofessional Education. Event partners include the Center for Research on Teaching and Learning, RISE (Research. Innovation. Scholarship. Education.) and the University of Michigan Healthcare Equity Month program team.
HPE Day 2024 will center on the theme: "Advancing interprofessional education, health equity and innovation in health professions education and practice." The learning objectives of the event are to:
- Understand the novel health professions educational efforts and best practices at the University of Michigan campuses, including their successes and challenges. Topics of particular interest include:
a. Interprofessional education (IPE)
b. Health care equity
c. Community engaged practice/education
- Identify partners for future advancement of innovations in health professions education, IPE, health equity, innovation, and collaborative care.
- Strengthen community bonds among educators within the health science schools across the University of Michigan.
HPE Day 2024 Call for Abstracts
We invite faculty, health care professionals, staff and students to submit abstract proposals for the University of Michigan's 2024 Health Professions Education (HPE) Day meeting aligned with the theme of "Advancing interprofessional education, health equity and innovation in health professions education and practice."
We seek proposals that share best practices, innovations and lessons learned in health professions education (including continuing education), especially work that focuses on interprofessional education (IPE), health equity and community-engaged practice/education. Proposals for poster presentations that are descriptive, research-based and/or practice-based are welcomed. Those focused on both uni-professional as well as interprofessional education and/or practice are encouraged. Submissions by students are also encouraged.
1. Proposals should be less than 500 words and include a title, author(s), affiliation(s), objectives, methodology and a conclusion that clearly outlines the implications of your work.
2. Submissions must be made through the online submission form by Wednesday, January 17, 2024 at 11:59 PM.
Join us and share your innovative work to advance health professions education and practice!
Note: Please do reference use of AI tools if used for the development of the abstract.
- Subscribe: Sign up for the Health Professions Education Day mailing list.
- Contact: [email protected]
- Twitter: #UMHPEDay
- HPE Day 2023: April 4, 2023
- HPE Day 2022: April 5, 2022
- HPE Day 2021: April 6, 2021
- HPE Day 2020: In-person event cancelled due to COVID 19
- DEEP BLUE record of abstracts and posters
- HPE Day 2019: April 2, 2019
- HPE Day 2018: April 3, 2018
- HPE Day 2017: April 13, 2017
- View the 2017 HPE Day Keynote Presentation: "The Challenge of Tradition" by Dr. Jeanette Mladenovic (opens in YouTube)
- View the panel presentation (opens in YouTube): U-M Interprofessional Leadership Fellows
- HPE Day 2016: June 1, 2016
- HPE Day 2015: September 16, 2015