Dr. Battaglioli is an Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at Emory University. Her passions lie in the areas of Residency Education, Physician Wellness and Resilience and Diversity and Inclusion. She is the co-founder of the Academic Life in Emergency Medicine Wellness Think Tank and CEO of Komorebi Wellness and Coaching.
Areas of Interest
Learner centered learner theory, physician wellness and learner remediation through an assessment based executive coaching model
- Battaglioli N, (2018). Recognize the Red Flags of Physician Burnout. In: Chan TM, McColl T, Luckett-Gatopoulos S, Purdy E, Velji A, Eicken J, Thoma B. (2018) Medical Education in Cases: Volume 4 (1st Edition). Digital File. San Francisco, CA: Academic Life in Emergency Medicine
- Battaglioli N, Chou A, Callahan M, Dyer S, Gottlieb M, eds. ALiEM In-Training Exam Prep: Emergency Medicine (Question Sets #6-8). San Francisco, CA: ALiEM Publishing; 2018. ISBN 978-0-9907948-8-2
- Battaglioli N. In: Gottlieb M, Habrat D, Sheehy M, Zidovetski S, Chou A, eds. ALiEM In-Training Exam Prep: Emergency Medicine. 1st edition. San Francisco: ALiEM Publishing, 2016. ISBN 978-0-9907948-7-5
- Lin, M., Battaglioli, N., Chung, A., Mott, S., Robinson, D., Melamed, M., High Prevalence of Burnout Among U.S. Emergency Medicine Residents: Results from the 2017 National Emergency Medicine Wellness Survey, Annals of Emergency Medicine, In Press
- Battaglioli, N., Ankel, F., Doty, C. I., Chung, A. and Lin, M., Executive Summary from the 2017 Emergency Medicine Resident Wellness Consensus Summit, West J Emerg Med, 2018, 19(2):332-336.
- Chung, A. S., Smart, J., Zdradzinski, M., Roth, S., Gende, A., Conroy, K. and Battaglioli, N., Educator Toolkits on Second Victim Syndrome, Mindfulness and Meditation, and Positive Psychology: The 2017 Resident Wellness Consensus Summit, West J Emerg Med, 2018, 19(2):327-331.
- Chung, A., Battaglioli, N., Lin, M. and Sherbino, J., JGME-ALiEM Hot Topics in Medical Education: An Analysis of a Virtual Discussion on Resident Well-Being, J Grad Med Educ, 2018, 10(1):36-42.
- Schrading, W. A., Battaglioli, N., Drew, J. and McClure, S. F., Core Content for Wilderness Medicine Training: Development of a Wilderness Medicine Track Within an Emergency Medicine Residency, Wilderness Environ Med, 2018, 29(1):78-84.
- Battaglioli, N. and Kaminstein, D., The Sound of Free Air, J Emerg Med, 2017, 53(3):e47-e49.
- Zaver, F., Battaglioli, N., Denq, W., Messman, A., Chung, A., Lin, M. and Liu, E. L., Identifying Gaps and Launching Resident Wellness Initiatives: The 2017 Resident Wellness Consensus Summit, West J Emerg Med, 2018, 19(2):342-345
- Ross, S., Liu, E. L., Rose, C., Chou, A. and Battaglioli, N., Strategies to Enhance Wellness in Emergency Medicine Residency Training Programs, Ann Emerg Med, 2017, 70(6):891-897
- Battaglioli, N., Rozzi, H., A 15 month old with difficulty swallowing, Visual Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2016, 5:17-1
- Counselman, F. L., Carius, M. L., Kowalenko, T., Battaglioli, N., Hobgood, C., Jagoda, A. S., Lovell, E., et al., The American Board of Emergency Medicine Maintenance of Certification Summit, J Emerg Med, 2015, 49(5):722-728.Nelson S… Battaglioli N. Strategies to Enhance Wellness in Emergency Medicine Training Programs. The Annals of Emergency Medicine Available online August 18, 2017