Working Together for Better Results
Collaboration is at the heart of learning health sciences, a trans-disciplinary field of study that naturally convenes experts that share a common goal: to develop deeper understanding of learning processes and their supporting environments. Behavioral, social and organizational science; cognitive, information and computer science; industrial and systems engineering and other fields combine to create the rich intellectual tapestry of our work.
Our department supports service and outreach efforts on many levels. Our DLHS Brown Bag Series features faculty researchers from across the spectrum of learning health sciences to present their latest findings and share best practices with the University of Michigan community.
In addition to the DLHS Brown Bag Series, a full range of outreach opportunities is facilitated by our department:
- Health Profession Education Day: Annual event that brings together faculty and students from 10 health science schools across the University of Michigan’s three campuses to showcase innovation in interprofessional education.
Learning Health Systems
- LHS Collaboratory: Multidisciplinary researchers working to establish U-M as the academic epicenter for learning health systems.
- Ethical, Legal and Social Implications of Learning Health Systems (ELSI) Symposium: Researchers creating a community of practice around the ethical, legal and social implications of a learning health system.
- Learning Health Systems Journal: International, open access, peer-reviewed journal published in collaboration with John Wiley & Sons. Includes computable knowledge publications, research reports, experience reports, technical reports, policy analyses, briefs and commentaries.
- Health System Innovation: Learning health science researchers work with university partners to put learning health system principles into practice.
- Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Learning Community: DLHS convenes a learning health system learning community in Washtenaw and Livingston Counties.
- Clinical Simulation Center Brown Bag Series: Monthly series to promote collaboration and best practices in simulation-based education and research. Open to all University faculty, staff and learners.