A number of neuroscience and society fields--such as neuroethics, neurolaw, neuroeconomics, neuromarketing, educational neuroscience (and more!)-- are rapidly emerging. Because these fields are new, it’s not easy to know how to pursue a career in neuroscience and society.
With support from the Dana Foundation, this in-person event will offer an opportunity to speak with Harvard Professor Francis Shen, about the new Dana Foundation Career Network in Neuroscience and Society.
This interactive session will be run as a small group conversation for students, recent grads, post-docs, and those seeking mid-career transitions. The discussion will explore questions such as:
- What is “neuroscience and society” and how can you make a career out of it?
- What type of career can you imagine yourself pursuing at the intersection of neuroscience and society?
- What type of education do you need for these interdisciplinary careers?
- What are some of the barriers you are encountering as you explore these career options?
- What don’t you know that you want to know about careers in neuroscience and society?