Analyzing data from biomedical studies using statistical models and machine learning algorithms.
Dr. Jang joins the NeuroNetwork for Emerging Therapies to use his award-winning experience using statistical models and machine learning algorithms to uncover secrets in our biomedical research. His primary focus will be the research made possible by the NIH Director’s Transformative Research Award. Specifically, he will evaluate the impact of environmental exposure on amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) by analyzing the data to discover key risk factors in ALS.
He hopes his efforts will help improve public health and uncover new understanding to fight diseases like ALS.
- B.Sc., Statistics, Kyungbuk National University, Korea, 2014
- M.Sc., Statistics, Seoul National University, Korea, 2016
- Ph.D., Statistics, Iowa State University, Iowa, 2022
Honors & Awards
- Winner, American Statistical Association Student Paper Competition: Survey Research Methods Section, 2022
- Kempthorne Award, Iowa State University, 2017
- Conference of Korean Statistical Society Student Award, 2015
Jang, D. G., Yu, C. & Zhu, Z. A--Optimal Split Questionnaire Designs for Multivariate Continuous Optimal Split Questionnaire Designs for Multivariate Continuous Variables. arXiv:2203.04883. https://doi.org/10.48550/arXiv.2203.04883
Son, K. M., Hong, J. I., Kim, D. H., Jang, D. G., Crema, M. D., & Kim, H. A. (2020). Absence of Son, K. M., Hong, J. I., Kim, D. H., Jang, D. G., Crema, M. D., & Kim, H. A. (2020). Absence of pain in subjects with advanced radiographic knee osteoarthritis. BMC musculoskeletal disopain in subjects with advanced radiographic knee osteoarthritis. BMC musculoskeletal disorders, rders, 21(1), 640. https://doi.org/10.1186/s1289121