To provide these services, the IBIC/MNORC will continue important interactions with the Michigan Institute for Data Science (MIDAS), Center for Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics (CCMB), the National Center for Integrative Biomedical Informatics (NCIBI), the Michigan Institute for Clinical and Health Research (MICHR), the Statistical Analysis of Biomedical and Educational Research (SABER), and the Statistics Online Computational Resource (SOCR) . The Core will support database design for both preclinical and clinical studies. Clinically relevant databases will be Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliant.
Our services include:
- Expertise in experimental design and modeling for preclinical, clinical and translational research studies that integrate clinical, molecular, neurobehavioral and other phenotype data.
- Support for data acquisition and analysis by the MNORC phenotyping Cores and Investigational Weight Management Clinic.
- Provide expertise in database construction, maintenance and security relevant to investigators studies.
- Provide expertise in bioinformatics and statistical analysis of data and data mining.
- Promote development and use of database and software tools for information organization and visualization of tightly-linked multiscale data for T1 translation of research knowledge relevant to obesity.
- Data, analytics and visualization support for research studies, papers, grants, and collaborations.
- Data Analytical Protocols: Development, customization, and validation of Big Data harmonization, processing, aggregation and analytics protocols.
- Statistics Online Computational Resource (SOCR): High-end online scientific data visualization services, learning modules, scientific computing resources.
- Distributed Computing: High-throughput distributed computing environment with an intuitive front-end graphical user interface and a powerful back-end compute server.
- Michigan Regional Comprehensive Metabolomics Resource: Resources for improving the diagnosis, prevention and monitoring of many diseases through metabolic profiling. The metabolome is the sum of all metabolites at a given moment. Profiling gives a chemical readout of the state of health of the cell or body and its changes. These results provide a wealth of information about nutrition, infection, health and disease status.
- Consultation: A broad consultation services with deep statistical, mathematical, computational and analytic support for data management, storage, query, retrieval, processing, modeling and interrogating complex and heterogeneous datasets. Coaching and mentoring junior scholars in computational and data science predictive analytics.