Dr. Lei Yin received her Ph.D. degree from the Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology at the University of Connecticut, Storrs in May 2003. After her postdoc studies at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia from 2003-2009, Dr. Lei Yin joined the faculty of MIP in the fall of 2009.
My research interest is in investigating the signaling pathways that promote or remove ubiquitination of a protein target and the biological consequences on circadian clock and metabolism. We also study how altered clock protein ubiquitination pathways contribute to onset, progression and therapy of fatty liver diseases. In the lab, we use a combination of genetic (both knockout out and transgenic mice), molecular (gene expression, promoter reporter assay and epigenetic modifications) and biochemical approaches (protein-protein interaction, in vitro and in vivo ubiquitnation assay, protein half-life assay) to address our specific hypothesis.
- Rev-erb is a critical lithium-sensitive component of circadian clock. L. Yin, J. Wang, PS. Klein, MA. Lazar Science 2006 Feb. 311 (5763): 1002-5. PMID: 16484495
- Rev-erb, a heme sensor that coordinates metabolic and circadian pathways. L. Yin, N. Wu, JC. Curtin, M. Qatanani, NR. Szwergold, RA. Reid, GM. Waitt, DJ. Parks, KH. Pearce, GB. Wisely, MA. Lazar Science 2007 Dec 14;318(5857):1786-9.PMID:18006707
- E3 Ligases ARF-BP1 and PAM Mediate Lithium-Stimulated Degradation of the Circadian Heme Receptor REV-ERBa. L. Yin., SU. Joshi., N. Wu., X. Tong,. MA. Lazar. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 2010 Jun; 107:11614-7. PMCID: PMC2895127
- Transcription repressor E4 binding protein 4 (E4BP4) regulates metabolic hormone fibroblast growth factor 21 (FGF21) during circadian cycles and feeding. X. Tong., M. Muchnik., Z. Chen., M. Patel., N. Wu., SU. Joshi., L. Rui., MA. Lazar., L. Yin. The Journal of Biological Chemistry 2010 Nov; 285: 36401-9. PMC2978569
- USP2a deubiquitinates and stabilizes the circadian protein CRY1 in response to inflammatory signals. X. Tong., K. Buelow., A Guha., R. Rausch., L Yin. The Journal of Biological Chemistry 2012 Jun; 287:25280-91. PMC3408137
- Recruitment of histone methyltransferase G9a mediates transcriptional repression of Fgf21 gene by E4BP4 protein. X. Tong., D. Zhang., K. Buelow., A. Guha., B. Arthurs., H. Brady., and L. Yin. The Journal of Biological Chemistry 2013 Feb; 288: 5417-25. PMC3581381
- Circadian rhythms in liver physiology and liver diseases. X. Tong. and L. Yin. Comprehensive Physiology 2013.
Additional Publications in Pubmed