Dr. Gavidia Romero completed his medical degree at the University of El Salvador, El Salvador, and a Master’s degree in Clinical Research Design and Statistical Analysis at the University of Michigan School of Public Health. He completed a residency in Pediatrics at the Benjamin Bloom Children's Hospital and University of El Salvador, El Salvador, residency in Family Medicine at Bella Vista Hospital and Ponce Health Sciences University, Puerto Rico, fellowship in sleep medicine, and a post-doctoral research fellowship (T32 grant) at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
Areas of Interest
Sleep disorders in people with head and neck cancer, screening tools for obstructive sleep apnea, the influence of gonadal hormones on sleep, sleep disorders in the transgender population, and adolescents, and associations between medication use and central sleep apnea.
Sleep disorders in adults, children, and during pregnancy such as sleep-disordered breathing, insomnia, parasomnias, central disorders of hypersomnolence, circadian rhythm sleep-wake disorders, sleep-related movement disorders, restless legs syndrome, and preoperative sleep apnea assessment.
Medical School or Training
- MD, University of El Salvador, 2001
- MS, University of Michigan School of Public Health, 2021
- Benjamin Bloom Children's Hospital and University of El Salvador, Pediatrics, El Salvador, 2004
- Bella Vista Hospital, Inc, and Ponce Health Sciences University, Family Medicine, PR, 2018
- University of Michigan, Sleep Medicine, 2019
- University of Michigan, Post-doctoral research fellowship, 2021
- Sleep Medicine
- Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine