Dr. Murali completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Wisconsin – Madison where she graduated with a degree in neurobiology. She received her medical degree at the University of Wisconsin – Madison and completed a neurology residency there as well. She then came to the University of Michigan to complete a vascular neurology fellowship.
Dr. Murali has book chapter publications on the topics of preeclampsia and telestroke.
Areas of Interest
Dr. Murali is involved in various cardioembolic sources of stroke. She is involved in multi-disciplinary endocarditis conference and multi-disciplinary PFO closure and left atrial appendage closure clinics. She is also interested in medical student education, specifically in improving acute stroke education. Her current research project is Acute Stroke Education for Medical Students (ASEMS) and is assessing novel ways to weave in acute stroke education during the neurology rotation.
- Secondary stroke prevention
- Endocarditis and stroke
- PFO closure and stroke
- Left atrial appendage closure and stroke
- Reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome (RCVS)
- Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome (PRES)
- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health, 2014
- University of Wisconsin, Neurology, WI, 2018
- Vascular Neurology, University of Michigan, 2019
- American Heart Association
- American Stroke Association