After graduating from Tehran University of Medical Sciences in 1990, Dr. Sohrab spent time in Spinal Cord Injury Centers of Iran, in multiple capacities, organizing care and educating different levels of practitioners in providing care for veterans of war. He then spent a few years of general practice, in different parts of Iran, dedicated to providing medical care and organizing Public Health Services, in rural areas.
Dr. Sohrab has been practicing, and teaching, general Neurology at the University of Michigan, since 2012.
Areas of Interest
Neurology, Sleep Medicine, and Epilepsy
Dr. Sohrab pursued specialized training in Neurology, Sleep Medicine, and Epilepsy- at Wayne State and Vanderbilt Universities, respectively, under Robert P. Lisak, MD (1998-2001), the late Sheldon Kapen, MD (2001-2002), and Bassel Abou-khalil, MD (2004).
Medical School or Training
- Tehran University of Medical Sciences Faculty of Medicine, 1990
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center, Internal Medicine, NY, 1998
- Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center, Neurology, MI, 2001
- Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center, Neurology-Sleep Medicine, MI, 2002
- Neurophysiology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2004
- Vascular Neurology
- Sleep Medicine
- Clinical Neurophysiology