The Division of Gynecology has evolved and developed as the nexus for gynecology specialty services within the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
We focus on developing and providing the best gynecologic surgical services available anywhere. We constantly seek to develop new and innovative areas of women’s health research and care, and provide expert consultation for the large number of patients who are referred to us for secondary and tertiary surgery.
Our faculty are dedicated to medical student, resident and fellow education, and conduct a broad spectrum of research from basic sciences translated to bedside and operating room. We also develop technologies and educational opportunities for the advancement of surgical and non-surgical care of patients, while always remaining dedicated to improving the health care of our patients.
- Vulvar Diseases - a team approach that provides a higher intensity of care and expertise to women who have resistant and chronic illness or an unusual vulvar condition.
- Family Planning - physicians who are specially trained to provide reproductive health services to patients with underlying medical conditions.
- Gynecologic Care for Breast Cancer and BRCA Patients - one of the few health systems in the country that has a clinic specializing in managing the gynecologic health of breast cancer survivors.
- The University of Michigan Endometriosis Center - dedicated to the comprehensive evaluation and treatment of women with endometriosis.
- Michigan Bowel Control Program - offering care to patients afflicted with defecation disorders and pelvic floor dysfunction.
- Michigan Healthy Healing After Delivery Program - offering support to women with postpartum-specific ailments by a team of experts who provide integrated care at a very challenging time.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery Program - Specializing in minimally invasive surgical options for a full range of benign gynecologic conditions.
- Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology - family-centered care with compassion and respect. We work to develop a plan of care that meets the needs of each patient and her family.
- Pelvic Floor Disorders - one of the world's leading research groups working to identify risk factors for developing pelvic floor disorders and to work with high-risk women to prevent them.
- Gynecologic Care for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities - we evaluate and treat patients from childhood through later adulthood, giving special consideration to the needs of our patient population
Visit our health providers page for a full list of faculty members within the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.