The Mission of the Center for Education is nested within the principles of educational theory, exemplary clinical practice, and leadership in the field of women’s health.
The goals of the Center for Education include:
- To focus, support, and encourage educational effectiveness in the field of women’s health for faculty, fellows, residents, students, and alumni.
- To promote educational scholarship, innovative curricula, and outcomes based assessment of learners in the field of women’s health and medical education.
- To coordinate and facilitate the educational efforts within the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology by cultivating an environment of shared expertise and faculty development.
The function of the Center is multi-faceted, including (but not exclusive to) the following:
- Curriculum and program development
- Program Evaluation
- Coordination of educational research efforts, both within the department and collaboratively within the Medical School
- Grant writing
- Resource for the department
- Expertise in education and educational research design
- Centralization of educational materials
- Support for educational innovation and design
- Faculty development
- Assistance with teaching/educational portfolios
- Improvement of teaching and use of varying pedagogies
- Foster collegiality and support within medical education
- Oversee and assist (if necessary) in the maintenance of compliance with all ACGME, RRC, LCME, federal, state, and institutional requirements and specifications for training
For more information, contact:
Erin Beene, M.P.H.
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
L3001 UH South
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48109