This one-year unique advanced training program is designed to provide the appropriate candidate with a multi-disciplinary experience to train as an expert and consultant in managing most aspects of breast and gynecological cancer genetic mutations, and breast health.
- Comprehensive counseling and management of women with breast and gynecologic cancer genetic mutations
- Gynecologic management of breast cancer survivors including reproductive side effects and complications of cancer therapies
- Management of women with a wide variety of benign and high-risk breast lesions:
- breast masses, abnormal breast imaging, nipple discharge, inflammatory breast conditions
- atypical breast hyperplasias, LCIS and other high-risk conditions (e.g., radiation exposure, strong family history without known genetic predisposition)
- The advance trainee will also gain extensive surgical experience in cancer risk reduction pelvic surgery; core, open and wire localization breast biopsy; mastectomy; and sentinel lymph node biopsy
It is expected that at the completion of the program, the graduate will join an academic health system in the U.S. to serve both as an expert consultant in CGBH and train OBGYN house officers in this important and emerging area in women’s health care.