The new UH South Wellness Center, currently scheduled to open in November 2017, will offer convenient access to physical activity equipment and services, as well as other health and well-being programs, to Michigan Medicine faculty and staff. Once opened, it will be available to members 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Location: 8th floor of UH South (the easiest way to get there is to take the Number 9 elevators to the 8th floor)
Contact: Questions about the new wellness center should be directed to MHealthy at (734) 647-7888 or UHSouthfirstname.lastname@example.org
New Process – Enter Membership Lottery by Oct. 15!
With overwhelming interest and a limited number of UH South Wellness Center memberships available due to space constraints, memberships will now be distributed through a lottery process.
- If you are a Michigan Medicine faculty or staff member who is interested in purchasing a membership, you MUST enter the lottery by Oct. 15, 2017.
- This online lottery process allows all shifts and work schedules to enter their name and have an equal opportunity to purchase a membership to the Wellness Center.
- MHealthy will conduct a random drawing of Michigan Medicine employees who entered the lottery. If your name is one of those randomly selected, you will have the opportunity to purchase a membership.
Important Dates to Remember:
- October 2: UH South Wellness Center membership lottery opens.
- October 15, 11:59 a.m.: Last day to enter UH South Wellness Center membership lottery.
- Week of October 23: MHealthy begins notifying via email those who were randomly selected in the lottery to purchase a membership. Please make sure to check the email address you entered in the lottery form for a message from “UHS Wellness Center.”
- November 10: Last day for employees who were randomly selected in the lottery to purchase a membership.
If membership is not purchased by Nov. 10, 2017, the opportunity is forfeited and MHealthy will randomly select another employee from the lottery to purchase a membership.
- November 6: Tentative date UH South Wellness Center opens to members.
- A limited number of memberships (1,200) are available.
- All Michigan Medicine active full- and part-time faculty and staff are eligible to become members if their name is randomly chosen through the lottery process. Temps and volunteers are not eligible. There is no contract or initiation fee.
- A membership is $10 per month, which covers the cost of facility maintenance and towel service.
- Memberships are paid on a monthly basis, auto-deducted through a credit/debit card. Payroll deduction is not an option for this service.
Wellness Center Amenities
Watch this short video for a tour of the facility!
- State-of-the-art cardiovascular and strength training equipment
- Space for group exercise and relaxation classes
- Towel service
- Men, women and gender inclusive locker rooms
- Personal training (please note that there is a fee for this service)
- Classes and counseling for health topics such as weight management, tobacco consultation, etc.
- Physical therapy services for work-related injuries provided by Occupational Health Services
- Work kiosks, which include phones and computers