Our Resident Education Center provides a technologically advanced setting for ophthalmologists in training. The 2500-square-foot center features state-of-the-art educational and communications technology as well as spaces for residents to learn and interact.
Among the features in the new center:
- Integrated video and communications system that allows residents to view surgical cases performed in Kellogg’s operating rooms
- A large conference room with flexible furnishings that accommodate conference table, classroom, or lecture-style seating
- A residents lounge equipped with computer workstations, comfortable furnishings, and lockers
- A surgical skills laboratory and surgery simulator
- A comfortable space for independent study or small group meetings as well as space for rest during on-call duty
“The Resident Center provides a cohesive, comprehensive space for resident education,” says Shahzad I. Mian, M.D. “We have one of the top residency programs in the country, in part because we continue to enhance our teaching environment with resources and technology that enable residents to get the most out of their training here.”
For a look inside the Kellogg Eye Center, visit the Why Train at the Kellogg Eye Center page.