Dr. Miller is a Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Michigan and specializes in sports medicine and shoulder and knee surgery. Dr. Miller is the Medical Director of MedSport, the University of Michigan’s Sports Medicine Clinic, and also serves as the Head Orthopaedic Team Physician for the University of Michigan Athletic Department and Football Team.
Dr. Miller graduated from Harvard Medical School and was an All-American athlete as a Harvard undergraduate. He continued at Harvard University to complete his residency training in orthopedic surgery as well as a Fellowship in orthopedic trauma surgery. In addition, Dr. Miller has completed Fellowship training in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery in Sydney, Australia, followed by a fellowship in Sports Medicine, Knee and Shoulder Reconstructive Surgery at the Steadman Hawkins Clinic in Vail, Colorado.
Dr. Miller specializes in all shoulder disorders, including shoulder replacement surgery, rotator cuff surgery, instability surgery, and fractures. His practice also includes all sports injuries of the knee and shoulder (ACL and meniscus tears of the knee, cartilage injuries of the knee, and shoulder instability).
Dr. Miller has an active clinical research program focusing on shoulder replacement surgery and rotator cuff disorders. His research in the field of rotator cuff tears has been recognized with many honors and awards. He has authored numerous articles, chapters, and peer-reviewed publications on shoulder and knee injuries.
- Shoulder replacement surgery
- Rotator cuff surgery
- Shoulder instability
- ACL and meniscus tears of the knee
- Cartilage injuries of the knee
- Clinical outcomes in sports medicine surgery of the shoulder and knee
- Rotator cuff disorders
- Shoulder Replacement Surgery
MEDICAL SCHOOL OR TRAINING
- Harvard College, 1990 Harvard Medical School, 1995
- Harvard University- Combined Residency Program in Orthopaedic Surgery, 2000.
- Sports Medicine, Knee and Shoulder Reconstructive Surgery, The Steadman Hawkins Clinic, Vail, Colorado, 2002
- Shoulder Surgery, University of New South Wales and North Shore Private Hospital, Sydney, Australia, 2001
- Orthopaedic Trauma, Harvard Medical School/Brigham & Women's Hospital, 2000
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine
- Orthopedic Surgery