Dr. Clifford Craig is a 1969 graduate of the University of Michigan Medical School. He was a surgical intern and assistant resident in surgery at the Tufts-New England Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. He also completed a residency in orthopaedic surgery at the Tufts University New England Medical Center Combined Orthopaedic Residency, and a fellowship in pediatric orthopaedic surgery at Tufts New England Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. From 1977 until 1999, he was a faculty member in the section of pediatric orthopaedic surgery in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Tufts University School of Medicine. He has been a clinical associate professor in the section of pediatric orthopaedic surgery, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Michigan since 1999. He has been the medical student clerkship director in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Michigan since 2002. Dr. Craig is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, and is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Pediatric Orthopaedic Society, American Academy of Pediatrics, American College of Surgeons, American Medical Association, American Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine, and Society for Simulation in Health Care. Dr. Craig is past president of the University of Michigan Medical Center Alumni Society.
Areas of Interest
Medical student and resident education, clinical simulation, and civil war medicine.
- Musculoskeletal infections
- Developmental hip dysplasia
- Congenital foot deformities
- Cerebral palsy
- Ultrasound imaging in musculoskeletal medicine
- Virtual and Augmented reality in surgical education
MEDICAL SCHOOL OR TRAINING
University of Michigan Medical School, 1969
Surgery, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA. 1969-71
Orthopaedic Surgery, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 1971-75
Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Tufts New England Medical Center, 1976
- Selected Participant, Harvard Macy Institute, “Leading Innovations in Health Care” 2014.
- M2 Multidisciplinary Course, “Gettysburg, Osteomyelitis, Orthopaedic Surgery” 2014.
- Craig CL, et al. Sonographic evaluation of equinovarus feet. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics 15:1, 1995.
- Verma, M., Craig, CL, et.al.: Serial Ultrasound Evaluation of Pediatric Trigger Thumb. J Pediatr Orthop Apr-May 2013 (3):309-313.
- Craig, CL., et. al. The Michigan DDH Hip Model. Society for Simulation in Healthcare. Los Angeles. First Prize in Pediatrics. 2018.