The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery provides a rich, dynamic, interdisciplinary training environment for PhD students and postdoctoral fellows. PhD students can enroll in a degree program through the UM Medical School or College of Engineering and complete their dissertation under the direction of an Orthopaedic Surgery faculty member.
- Daniella Patton (Biomedical Engineering, Mentor: Dr. Jepsen)
- Ted Ahn (Chemistry, Mentor: Dr. Kozloff)
- Basel Khader, PhD (Mentor: Dr. Jepsen)
- Mohd Parvez Khan, PhD (Mentor: Dr. Schipani)
- Melanie Beaulieu, PhD (Mentor: Dr. Qojtys)
How to Apply Students interested in completing their PhD or postdoctoral fellowship in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery should contact a faculty member in their area of interest. PhD students can pursue degrees through the Medical School Program in Biomedical Sciences, College of Engineering, School of Public Health or School of Kinesiology. More information on Postdoctoral Training at the UM can be found at the Medical School Office of Postdoctoral Studies.