Dr. Elizabeth Klag specializes in the treatment of hip and knee arthritis, dysplasia, and avascular necrosis. She enjoys helping her patients with years of joint pain regain mobility and improve their quality of life. She can manage arthritis non-operatively with medications and injections and help patients determine when the time is right to pursue hip or knee replacement surgery.
Dr. Klag can perform either an anterior or a posterior approach for total hip arthroplasty based on the needs of the patient. She also uses technology, including robotics, when needed to achieve the optimal result for the patient. In addition to primary hip and knee replacement, Dr. Klag also specializes in complex and revision hip and knee replacement surgery. She can manage complications surrounding joint replacements, including infection, fractures, and implant failures.
Dr. Klag is originally from Northeast Ohio and obtained her medical degree from the Ohio State University College of Medicine. She then completed her Orthopaedic Surgery residency at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Michigan, followed by a fellowship in Adult Reconstruction at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. She has done research on peri-operative care of joint replacement patients and prevention of complications in joint replacement surgery. Dr. Klag has been on multiple mission trips to Honduras where she was able to perform life-changing joint replacement surgery for many patients in need.
In her free time, Dr. Klag enjoys playing golf and softball. She also likes going for walks and hikes with her family and her dog. She understands the importance of these activities for people suffering from joint pain and has the knowledge to guide patients on their return to activity after undergoing surgery.
- Hip arthritis
- Knee arthritis
- Avascular necrosis and dysplasia
- Infected hip or knee replacements
- Painful hip and knee replacements
- Outpatient surgery
- Medical School: The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 2017
- Internship/Residency: Henry Ford Health System, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2022
- Fellowship: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Adult Reconstruction, 2023
Board of Certification
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Mid America Orthopaedic Association (MAOA)