Education & Credentials
- BSc (Honours) Kinesiology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
- PhD in Kinesiology with a specialization in Bone & Joint Health, University of Calgary Sport Medicine Centre, Calgary, AB, Canada
- MD, University of Calgary Medical School, Calgary, AB Canada
- Residency training in Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
- Fellowship training in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship, University of Michigan MedSport, Ann Arbor, MI
- Board Certified – American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Diploma in Sports & Exercise Medicine – Canadian Academy of Sports & Exercise Medicine
- Cartilage Injuries: Cartilage transplant/restoration, meniscus transplant, meniscal injuries, knee realignment/osteotomy
- Knee surgery: Isolated ligament injuries (ACL, PCL, LCL, and MCL) as well as multi-ligamentous knee injuries (knee dislocations), patellar (knee cap) instability, and other sports related injuries.
- Shoulder surgery: Rotator cuff repairs, shoulder instability, and other sports related injuries.
- Cartilage repair and restoration
- Clinical decision-making in the treatment of multi-ligamentous and other complex knee injuries
- Optimizing pre- and post-operative rehabilitation of the knee.
- Director of Resident Education, Sports Medicine & Shoulder Service, Dept. of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Michigan
- Head Orthopaedic Team Physician, Eastern Michigan University Athletics
- Team Physician, USA Hockey National Team Development Program
- Chair, Membership Committee, Canadian Orthopaedic Association
- Executive Board Member, Canadian Orthopaedic Association
Honours and Awards
- AOA/COA North American Travelling Fellowship (NATF)
- Canadian Society for Clinical Investigation Young Investigator's Research Award
- Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology Award
- Dr. M.J. Ellis Award for Excellence in Research
Academic Work & Publications
Dr. Grant is a manuscript reviewer for numerous peer-reviewed sports medicine journals and is an Associate Editor for CME (Sports Medicine) for the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. He is involved in committee work for both the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM) and the Canadian Orthopaedic Association (COA).