We’re known for providing what patients and their families want most: advanced approaches and compassionate care.
The Orthopaedic Surgery department comprises nearly 30 faculty with interests in a broad range of clinical areas, research and education. To enhance patient care, the department is organized by clinical services.
- Foot & Ankle - lower extremity reconstruction.
- Hip & Knee Replacement - primary and revision total hip and knee replacement.
- Hand & Upper Extremity - diagnoses and treats the complete range of hand problems.
- Musculoskeletal Oncology - soft tissue and bone tumors, both primary and metastatic, benign and malignant, in children and adults.
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery - diagnosis and therapy consultations for children up to the age of 18.
- Spine - comprehensive, cutting edge treatment options to patients with neck and back disorders.
- Sports Medicine - a collaborative team approach to treatment of sports related injuries.
- Trauma - care of patients age 18 and over who have sustained acute trauma and late effects of injuries to the skeleton.
For information on Pain Management and recommended guidelines, please visit this page.
U.S. News & World Report ranks our orthopaedic surgery training program among the top 40 in the United States. In fact, we have been pioneers in orthopaedic surgery care, education and research since 1930.
For information on the University of Michigan Health System, visit UofMHealth.org.