Dr. Aibinder practices Orthopaedic Sports Medicine at MedSport. He graduated from the Macaulay Honors College at the City University of New York (CUNY) Brooklyn College, and then went on to earn his medical degree from SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University as part of a combined B.A.-M.D. program. After medical school, he completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN followed by fellowship training in upper extremity surgery with a special focus on shoulder and elbow at the internationally renowned Roth McFarlane Hand and Upper Limb Centre at the University of Western Ontario in London, ON.
Dr. Aibinder specializes in all disorders of the shoulder and elbow, including replacement surgery, rotator cuff surgery, instability surgery, and fracture surgery. Prior to joining the faculty at the University of Michigan, Dr. Aibinder served as the Director of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery and the Associate Residency Program Director at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University. During his tenure, he built the only academic shoulder and elbow practice in Brooklyn and was awarded the Teacher of the Year Award in 2021.
Dr. Aibinder has a strong interest in research and has published extensively in the field of upper extremity surgery. He has been selected as an Emerging Leader by the American Orthopaedic Association (AOA) and was awarded the ASES Young Scholars Memorial Award in 2022.
- Shoulder and elbow injuries
- Shoulder replacement surgery and reconstruction
- Shoulder arthroscopy including rotator cuff and shoulder instability surgery
- Shoulder and elbow trauma
- Elbow replacement surgery
- Complex elbow ligament reconstruction
- Elbow arthroscopy
- Disorder of the scapula
- Shoulder biomechanics and kinematics, specifically the scapulohumeral and scapulothoracic articulations
- Shoulder prosthetic design
- Clinical outcomes in shoulder replacement surgery
- Clinic outcomes in complex elbow trauma and reconstruction
MEDICAL SCHOOL OR TRAINING
- SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University, Brooklyn, NY, 2013
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, 2018
- Roth McFarlane Upper Extremity Surgery Fellowship, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, 2019
- Orthopaedic Surgery