The Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Michigan will be the global leader in providing exemplary clinical care, training the next generation of leaders in the field and shaping the future of research and patient care in otolaryngology.
The mission of the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Michigan is to be the recognized leader in clinical care, education and scientific discovery. We seek sustainable excellence as:
- Providers of world-class, compassionate and patient-centered care within a sophisticated multidisciplinary clinical delivery system;
- Great and innovative educators of students, residents, fellows and our professional colleagues such that we are the most sought-after training program in the country and trainers of the next generation of leaders and scientists in the field;
- Creators of knowledge that makes a difference in the lives of our patients;
- Responsible and innovative stewards of philanthropic, institutional and extramural resources;
- Leaders who enhance employee engagement, job satisfaction and career development for all members of the department and healthcare team;
- Exemplary role models for our students, trainees and colleagues;
- Developers of a business model with a strategic focus that assures long-lasting financial stability; and
- Champions of a culture and climate that promotes inclusion, diversity and health equity.