The Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship at the University of Michigan is nationally renowned for exceptional education in pediatric cardiology within a unique culture which fosters support and exploration. Our program strives to develop outstanding academic pediatric cardiologists by providing broad, intense exposure to all aspects of pediatric cardiovascular medicine including the most innovative and cutting edge technology and treatment.
During the three-year program, the fellow develops skills in patient care, teaching and research/scholarly activity while working at the Michigan Congenital Heart Center at C.S. Mott Children's Hospital, within the University of Michigan Health Center (Michigan Medicine). Our program utilizes a unique graduated autonomy approach which incorporates progressive skills and responsibilities each year at the fellow’s individual pace, and fosters development of independence and expertise in all areas of Pediatric Cardiology. A strong network of faculty, staff and peers fosters exceptional hands-on learning in a supportive environment.
A growing number of Michigan Medicine off-site locations, as well as partnerships and joint ventures with other institutions, extend the range of training options both regionally and internationally.
The overarching AIM of the University of Michigan Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship Program is to foster the development of uniquely exceptional, well rounded Pediatric Cardiologists who:
- Provide the highest quality, most advanced evidence-based clinical care to patients from fetal life through adulthood, with all forms of common and complex congenital and acquired heart disease
- Have a strong foundation in general and all subspecialty areas of Pediatric Cardiology, with knowledge and experience with the most innovative and cutting-edge therapies
- Practice compassionate patient and family centered care, and are known for excellence in communication and teamwork
- Are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of their practice
- Are the most dependable and supportive colleagues who never hesitate to offer assistance, mentoring, and support
- Are dedicated to improving the care of patients through continued academic pursuits
- Have a passion for education of patients, families, colleagues and trainees
- Serve as role models for excellence in patient care, scholarship and education