The University of Michigan Pediatric Nephrology Research Program offers clinical trials for children and adults with kidney disease. Through an established partnership across the Glomerular Disease Clinics in both pediatrics and internal medicine, the program can provide expertise in the care of clinical trial patients with rare kidney disease.
To speak with a member of the trials team, please email [email protected].
- NEPTUNE Match clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04571658 is an opportunity offered to NEPTUNE study participants to communicate patient-specific clinical trial matching with kidney patients and their physicians.
- TNF Precision Medicine clinicaltrials.gov/NCT04009668. A proof of concept, open label clinical trial addressing the treatment of patients with FSGS or treatment resistant MCD. Participants with up-regulation of urinary biomarkers for intra-renal tumor necrosis factor (TNF) will be treated with 8 weeks of adalimumab therapy. The study tests the hypothesis that TNF inhibition in patients with up-regulation of the intra-renal TNF pathway will result in reduction in TNF associated urinary biomarker levels.
- EPPIK clinicaltrials.gov/NCT05003986. Open label clinical trial of Sparsentan to evaluate safety and efficacy on proteinuria and kidney function in children with FSGS, MCD, IgAN, IgAV, and Alports Syndrome.
- SCD PED-02 clinicaltrials.gov/NCT04869787. Open label clinical trial examining the safety and efficacy of the Selective Cytopheretic Device (SCD) in treating pediatric acute kidney injury (AKI).
- TRPC6 Inhibition in FSGS clinicaltrials.gov/NCT05213624. Randomized, double-blind study to investigate the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of BI764198 vs placebo in FSGS
- VALIANT clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT05067127. Randomized, placebo controlled, double blind study to assess the efficacy and safety of twice weekly subcutaneous doses of pegcetacoplan vs placebo in C3 glomerulopathy (C3G) or immune complex membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis (IC MPGN).
- APPLAUSE clinicaltrials.gov/NCT04578834. Randomized, double-blind trial to investigate the efficacy and safety of LNP023, an oral factor B inhibitor, vs placebo in treatment of adults with primary IgA nephropathy.
- R3R01-ASFSGS-201 clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT05267262. Open-label study to assess safety, efficacy and pharmacokinetics of R3R01 in Alports Syndrome and steroid-resistant FSGS
Closed to enrollment