Eligibility and Selection
All candidates must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation from referees who are familiar with the candidate’s qualifications, in addition to the MSPE Dean’s letter. At least one of the three letters should be from a pediatrician or neurologist (ideally at least one from each or from a pediatric neurologist). We also prefer but do not require that one of the three letters is from the chair of Pediatrics or Neurology (the same letter can serve both roles).
- Applicants must be able to provide official transcripts from their medical school.
Our program participates in the National Residency Match Program for Pediatric Neurology positions. We provide a combined five-year training program, two years of Pediatric training followed by three years of Child Neurology training. Applicants should apply to both, Pediatric Neurology categorical and to the Pediatric categorical through ERAS. Only one match list (the Child Neurology list) needs to be submitted for our joint program.
All interviews in 2021-22 will be done via video. Invitations to interview will be accompanied by details about how to schedule interviews. Interviews with Pediatrics and Child Neurology can be scheduled independently but we recommend scheduling them with a week of each other so that the programs are fresh in mind.
See our detailed Selection Policy. In addition, please view the Graduate Medical Education policy on trainee selection at University of Michigan Graduate Medical Education: Prospective Residents & Fellows.
For questions about the application procedure, contact Teri Behnke:
Mailing address for Teri Behnke:
Division of Pediatric Neurology
8301 MSRB III
1150 W. Medical Center Drive
University of Michigan Health System
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5646
September 1, 2021
ERAS begins to accept applications
September 29, 2021
We receive applications
October - November 2021
Applicants are invited to interview
Virtual Interview Dates: (all starting times are in EDT until 11/7, then EST)
(specific Zoom information for virtual interviews will be sent in a separate email)
- Friday, October 15, 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 20, 8:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, November 3, 8:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, November 10, 8:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 1, 8:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 8, 8:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 15, 8:30 a.m.
- Friday, December 17, 1:00 p.m.
- Friday, January 7, 8:30 a.m.
- Monday, January 10, 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 12, 8:30 a.m.
Virtual Open House Dates (all EDT/EST):
- Thursday, August 26, 8:30 p.m.
- Future dates TBD
Join Zoom Meeting
Match Day is 3/18.