Post Graduate Positions
Our residency graduates are well-prepared for any career they choose to pursue including primary care general pediatrics, hospitalist medicine, or subspecialty pediatric fellowships.
Where Are They Now?
Our residency graduates are prepared to practice in various medical settings including urban and rural populations across the nation. They have been accepted to prestigious pediatric fellowship programs across the country in addition to the various fellowship opportunities at the University of Michigan!
Our program has a longstanding commitment to excellence in patient care, scholarship, and research. Throughout residency, trainees receive rich exposure to general pediatrics and its subspecialties in order to provide a robust and comprehensive educational experience. Following completion of residency, some of our graduates elect to pursue formal subspecialty training in a chosen area to prepare for careers in academics, research, and subspecialty care. Year after year, our graduates receive highly competitive fellowship positions from a number of prestigious institutions across the nation.
Our Department of Pediatrics offers more than 14 fellowship programs that cover the breadth of pediatric subspecialty training.
To learn more about specific fellowship programs, please select an area of interest:
- Adolescent Medicine Fellowship Program
- Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine Fellowship
- Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics Fellowship
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship (Offered through the Dept of Emergency Medicine)
- Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship
- Pediatric Gastroenterology Fellowship
- General Pediatrics Fellowship - CHEAR - Non ACGME Accredited
- Medical Genetics Residency Program
- Pediatric Health Services Research Fellowship - Non ACGME Accredited
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Fellowship
- Pediatric Hospital Medicine
- Pediatric Infectious Disease Fellowship
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellowship
- Pediatric Nephrology Fellowship
- Pediatric Pulmonology Fellowship
- Pediatric Psychology Fellowship - Non ACGME Accredited
- Pediatric Rheumatology Fellowship