Pediatric Research Symposium
May 13-14, 2019
Abstract Submission is closed.
POLICIES & GUIDELINES (Read this first)
- Abstracts must follow the PRS abstract format guidelines detailed below.
- Limit one first author submission per individual.
- Abstracts are peer reviewed and ranked on the basis of scientific merit in the category selected. The Program Committee will use these rankings to designate awards and develop the final meeting program (oral and poster presentations).
- Abstracts will be published in the Symposium proceedings program booklet and online at the Symposium website.
Abstract Format & Template
- Template: All abstracts must be submitted using this template prs_blank abstract_template.docx. This is a blank, 1/2-page (8.5" H by 5.5" W, portrait mode, with preset margins). Please see these samples as a guide: sample_abstracts.pdf
- Format: Use Arial Font 10 point (or larger), single space. DO NOT CHANGE THE MARGINS OF THE TEMPLATE.
- Simple graphs and tables may be included if they fit within this template page. Abstracts are limited to this 1/2 page.
- Save/download the blank template to your computer; type or paste your abstract (including title, authors, etc) into the blank template.
- Title and Authors. CAPITALIZE ENTIRE TITLE. State all author’s initials and last names followed by their divisional, departmental, and/or institutional affiliations.
- Underscore the “primary/submitting” author so we know who will be presenting the work. Do not include degrees, institutional appointments, street address or zip codes.
- Body. The abstract is to be written using the hypothesis method. Organize the body of the abstract to include the headings of background, objectives, design/method, results and conclusions. These headings should be in bold.
- Abbreviations. Place nonstandard abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears. Do not use abbreviations in the abstract title.
- Posters will be displayed in the Towsley Center Lobby for the main Monday Poster Session and during the Tuesday morning activities.
- Authors presenting in poster format must attend the Monday poster session.
- Authors must inform the Program Committee immediately if unable to present (oral or poster). Authors may confer with the Program Committee to designate a corresponding author to present, or may choose to retract the abstract.
- POSTER FORMAT: Posters should be vertical/portrait 36' H x 24' W. Posters do not have a special/standard format, nor do they have to be printed on glossy paper.
- Poster design & printing resources: Research Guides: Designing Presentation & Research Posters at and Poster Printing on Campus (https://guides.lib.umich.edu/c.php?g=283064&p=1885968). See poster printing costs at BioChem poster printing services.
- The symposium does not cover poster printing costs.
- Oral presentations will be selected on the basis of quality and topic of interest.
- Authors must be prepared to provide an oral presentation of their abstract if selected by the Program Committee to do so.
- Authors giving an oral presentation will not be expected to present a poster.
Informed Consent & Disclosure
Investigators should consider and disclose potential conflicts of interest in connection with papers presented at the Symposium. Abstracts must comply with the following:
- Animals: Studies involving animals must conform to the “Guiding Principles in the Care and Use of Animals” of the American Physiological Society.
- Human Subjects: Studies involving human subjects must be conducted according to a protocol approved by an Institutional Review Board.
- Fill out completely and submit the Abstract Submission Form below.
- Download the abstract template prs_blank abstract_template.docx; following the abstract format guidelines above, complete and save the abstract as a Word document changing its file name to the submitting author’s last name (i.e.,NAME_PRS_2019).
- Attach and send (upload) your abstract via email to Abstrac.email@example.com