POLICIES & GUIDELINES (Read this first) - ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED.
- All abstracts submitted will be accepted (see abstract format guidelines).
- Abstracts recently submitted, or to be submitted, to national meetings are acceptable (see abstract format guidelines).
- Abstracts cannot be peer-reviewed if received after the abstract deadline of September 8, 2017.
- Abstracts are peer-reviewed and ranked on the basis of scientific merit in the category selected. The Program Committee will use these rankings to develop the final meeting program (oral and poster presentations).
- Posters will be displayed in the Towsley Center Lobby for the Monday afternoon Poster Session and during the Tuesday morning activities.
- All abstracts submitted will be published in the Symposium proceedings / program booklet.
Poster & Platform Presentations
- Authors must be prepared to provide an oral presentation of their abstract if selected by the Program Committee to do so.
- Authors presenting in poster format must attend the main poster session on Monday evening.
- Authors must inform the Program Committee immediately if unable to present (oral or poster). Authors may confer with the Program Committee to designate a corresponding author to present, or may choose to retract the abstract.
- Poster printing information/services at U-M can be found at: http://guides.lib.umich.edu/c.php?g=283064&p=1885968
- Note: Most poster boards are 3' H x 4' W. We do have larger boards (4' H x 6' W) if needed. Posters do not have a special/standard format, nor do they have to be printed on glossy paper.
Abstract Format & Template
- Template: All abstracts must be submitted using this template prs_blank abstract_template.docx. This is a blank, 1/2-page (8.5" H by 5.5" W, portrait mode, with preset margins). Please see these samples as a guide:sample_abstracts.pdf
- Format: Use Arial Font 10 point (or larger), single space. Do not change the margins.
- Simple graphs and tables may be included if they fit within this template page. Abstracts are limited to this 1/2 page.
- Save/download the blank template to your computer; type or paste your abstract (including title, authors, etc) into the blank template.
- Title and Authors. CAPITALIZE ENTIRE TITLE. State all author’s initials and last names followed by their divisional, departmental, and/or institutional affiliations.
- Underscore the “primary/submitting” author so we know who will be presenting the work. Do not include degrees, institutional appointments, street address or zip codes.
- Body. The abstract is to be written using the hypothesis method. Organize the body of the abstract to include the headings of background, objectives, design/method, results and conclusions. These headings should be in bold.
- Abbreviations. Place nonstandard abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears. Do not use abbreviations in the abstract title.
Informed Consent & Disclosure
Investigators should consider and disclose potential conflicts of interest in connection with papers presented at the Symposium. Abstracts must comply with the following:
- Animals: Studies involving animals must conform to the “Guiding Principles in the Care and Use of Animals” of the American Physiological Society.
- Human Subjects: Studies involving human subjects must be conducted according to a protocol approved by an Institutional Review Board.
- Fill out completely and submit the Abstract Submission Form below.
- Download the abstract template prs_blank abstract_template.docx; following the abstract format guidelines above, complete and save the abstract as a Word document changing its file name to the submitting author’s last name (i.e.,NAME_PRS_2017).
- Attach and send (upload) your abstract via email to Abstrac.email@example.com
- Pediatric Research Office: firstname.lastname@example.org 734-615-1740
- Jacquelyn Torres: email@example.com 734-763-9150