Postdoctoral Fellows


Life in Ann Arbor

Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (OGPS) highlights events and features of our city.

Umich ID Info

You should receive paperwork for your MCard and keys from Audrey Morton-Dziekan ([email protected]) when you arrive on campus.

ID Card (MCard) and keys can be picked up at the Key and ID Office in Med Inn.


State ID, Driver's License, Voter Registration



Research Fellows have 30 days to submit benefit elections.  If benefit elections are not received within 30 days, Research Fellows will be enrolled in Comprehensive Major Medical and Dental Plan Option 1 for you only. 

For questions about Benefits and Health Care Coverage:Call the SSC Contact Center at 5-2000 from the Ann Arbor campus, (734) 615-2000 locally, or (866) 647-7657 toll free, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Health Care

Prescription Drug Plan



Changing Your Plan

Career Resources - Office of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies (OGPS)

Academic and Non-Academic Resources - Office of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies (OGPS)

Financial Support


Off-Campus Housing

University Family Housing

Other sites (not endorsed by the University)




Helpful People

Audrey Morton-Dziekan ([email protected]) can help you with your HR and Payroll questions

Tom Biancalana ([email protected]) can help you with technology questions

More info on the postdoc website


International/Language Assistance

Other Resources