Internal medicine clinical pharmacist and adjunct clinical instructor at UM College of Pharmacy. I primarily work on our internal medicine service, but also spend some time with the adult emergency medicine team, antimicrobial stewardship team as well as pharmacy operations team.
Pharmacy School Attended: Wingate University School of Pharmacy (2012)
- PGY1, St John Hospital in Detroit, Michigan (2013)
Areas of Interest
Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Central venous access, Emergency Medicine
Honors & Awards
Preceptor of the Year Nominee University of Michigan College of Pharmacy: 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Tran N, Mills J, Zimmerman C, Gandhi T, Tribble A, Petty L, Nagel J, Brancaccio A, et al. Incorporating preauthorization into antimicrobial stewardship pharmacist workflow reduced Clostridioides difficile and gastrointestinal panel testing. Infection Control & Hospital Epidemiology 2020 June 3; 1-6.
- Mack M, Brancaccio A, Popova K, Nagel J. Hospitalist-Stewardship Collaboration. Infectious Disease Clinics of North America 2019
- Albin O, Henig O, Patel T, Valley T, Pogue J, Petty L, Mills J, Brancaccio A, et al. Clinical Implications of Microbiologic Treatment Failure in the Setting of Clinical Cure of Bacterial Pneumonia. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2019 Dec 13 [Epub ahead of print]
- Franz N, Brancaccio A, Robinson A, Regal R. Cirrhosis, Thrombosis, Finding FaXts about Doses: Dosing of Unfractionated Heparin for Venous Thromboembolism in Cirrhosis. Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2019 Nov 25 [Epub ahead of print]
- Bozaan D, Skicki D, Brancaccio A, et al. Less Lumens-Less Risk: A Pilot Intervention to Increase Use of Single-Lumen Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters. Journal of Hospital Medicine 2019 Jan 8;14(1):42-46.