I am a clinical specialist who works in the Rogel Cancer Center outpatient clinics. I cover a variety of solid tumor clinics, including upper aerodigestive, gastrointestinal, and genitourinary malignancies. I am an adjunct clinical faculty at the College of Pharmacy and precept IPPE, APPE, and PGY1 and PGY2 learners on my rotation.
Pharmacy School Attended: University of Michigan (2016)
- PGY1 Pharmacy: University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC (2017)
- PGY2 Oncology: University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC (2018)
Fun Fact: Josh Groban sang 'happy birthday' to me on my 21st.
Areas of Interest
Management of immunotherapy toxicity, lung and head/neck cancers, cancer-related VTE
Honors & Awards
Oncology Preceptor of the Year- 2022
HOPA Quality Oversight Committee Exemplary Research Certificate(2020)
- Schepers AJ, Jones AR, Reeves BS, Tuchman SA, Bates JS. A comparison of response in the presence or absence of a delay in induction therapy with bortezomib, lenalidomide, and dexamethasone. Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice2018
- Stump SE, Schepers AJ, Jones AR, Alexander MD, Auten JJ. Comparison of weight-based dosing strategies for intravenous immunoglobulin in patients with hematologic malignancies. Pharmacotherapy 2017; 37(12):1530-1536.
- Chen YA, Buhlinger KA, Perissinotti AJ, Schepers AJ, Benitez L, Auten J, Chen S, Bixby DL, Burke PW, Pettit KM, Marini BL. Solving coagulation conundrums: comparing prophylaxis strategies in adult patients receiving PEG-asparaginase Leuk Lymphoma
. 2022 Jun 14;1-8; online ahead of print.
- Nachar VR, Schepers AJ. Clinical controversies in the treatment of cancer-associated venous thromboembolism. Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice 2021; online ahead of print.
- Talagtag M, Patel TS, Scappaticci GB, Perissinotti AJ, Schepers AJ, Petty LA, Pettit KM, Burke PW, Bixby DL, Marini BL. Utility of methicillin‐resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) nasal screening in patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML). Transpl Infect Dis 2021; online ahead of print.
- Tam A, Schepers AJ, Qin A, Nachar VR. Impact of extended-interval versus standard dosing of zoledronic acid on skeletal events in non-small cell lung cancer and small cell lung cancer patients with bone metastases. Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2020; online ahead of print.