My current clinical practice is focused in the implementation of pharmacogenetics into routine clinical care at Michigan Medicine as part of the pharmacogenetics service. This consult-based service is available to answer patient and clinician questions regarding pharmacogenetics and integrating pharmacogenetic information into the prescribing process through clinical decision support.
Pharmacy School Attended: Ohio Northern University (2014)
- PGY1 Pharmacy: Cleveland Clinic Hillcrest Hospital, Mayfield Heights, OH (2015)
- PGY2 Clinical Pharmacogenetics: St Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN (2016)
- Clinical Pharmacy Translational Fellow: University of Michigan College of Pharmacy, Ann Arbor, MI (2018)
Areas of Interest
Clinical implementation of pharmacogenetics, Tacrolimus pharmacogenetics, Precision medicine
- Pasternak AL, Kidwell KM, Dempsey JM et al. Impact of CYP3A5 phenotype ontacrolimus concentrations after sublingual and oral administration in lung transplant. Pharmacogenomics. 2019. PMID: 30983501.
- Maklja Z, Pasternak A, Stallard A, et al. Molecular profiling and targeted therapy in pediatric gliomas: review and consensus recommendations. Neuro-Oncology. 2019. PMID: 30805642
- Hertz DL, Glatz A, Pasternak AL et al. Integration of Germline Pharmacogenetics into a Tumor Sequencing Program. JCO Precision Oncology. Epub July 23, 2018.
- Pasternak AL*, Zhang L, Hertz DL. CYP3A pharmacogenetic association with tacrolimus pharmacokinetics differs based on route of drug administration. Pharmacogenomics. 2018 Apr;19(6):563-576. doi: 10.2217/pgs-2018-0003. Epub 2018 Apr 9. PMID: 29629825
- Pasternak AL, Ward KM, Luzum JA, et al. Germline genetic variants with implications for disease risk and therapeutic outcomes. Physiol Genomics. 2017; doi:10.1152/physiolgenomics.00035.2017. [Epub ahead of print]
- Hertz DL, Luzum JA, Pasternak AL, et al. Institutional profile of pharmacogenetics within the University of Michigan College of Pharmacy. Pharmacogenomics. 2017; doi: 10.2217/pgs-2017-0107. [Epub ahead of print]
- Pasternak AL, Crews KR, Caudle KE, et al. The impact of the UGT1A1*60 allele on bilirubin serum concentrations. Pharmacogenomics. 2017;18(1):5-16.
- Pasternak AL, Link NA, Richardson C, Rose PG. Effect of Prophylactic Extended-Infusion Carboplatin on Incidence of Hypersensitivity Reactions in Patients with Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, or Peritoneal Carcinomas. Pharmacotherapy. 2016;36(7):723-30.