I joined Michigan Medicine in 2013 as the lead PCMH (Patient Centered Medical Home) Ambulatory Care Clinical Pharmacist Specialist at the East Ann Arbor General Medicine and Med/Ped Health Center and later joined Chelsea Family Medicine Clinic. I provide chronic disease state management including diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia under a collaborative practice agreement along with comprehensive medication reviews. At University of Michigan, I was the lead in implementing the Comprehensive Medication Review service and co-lead for the CVS integration into the PCMH model project. Other areas of responsibility include leading chronic care quality meetings to evaluate and improve quality metrics in the clinics as well as serving on the Michigan Medicine Diabetes Guidelines committee.
Pharmacy School Attended: University of Michigan (2010)
- PGY1 Pharmacy: Indiana University Health (2011)
- PGY2 Ambulatory Care: VA San Diego Medical Center (2012)
Areas of Interest
Chronic disease state management (diabetes, htn, hyperlipidemia, tobacco cessation), implementation of services, quality
Honors & Awards
- Making a Difference Award, University of Michigan, 2019
- Making a Difference Award, University of Michigan, 2016
- Preceptor of the Year Nomination, University of Michigan College of Pharmacy, 2014-2018
- Borgeson J MD, Richardson CR MD, Wyckoff, J MD, Yoo A PharmD. Guidelines for Clinical Care Ambulatory: UMHS Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Interim revision July 2019. Full update in progress.
- Danak SU, Guetterman TC, Plegue MA, Holmstrom HL, Kadri R, Duthler A, Yoo A, Buis LR. Influence of Scribes on Patient-Physician Communication in Primary Care Encounters: Mixed Methods Study. JMIR Med Inform 2019;7(3):e14797; July 2019
- Danak SU, Guetterman TC, Plegue MA, Holmstrom HL, Kadri R, Duthler A, Yoo A, Buis LR. Documenting the Influence of Scribes on Patient-Physician Communication Within Primary Care Encounters: A Pilot Study. JMIR Medical Informatics. 7. 10.2196/14797. May 2019
- Ashjian EJ, Yoo A, Piette JD, Choe HM, Thompson AN. Implementation and barriers to uptake of interactive voice response technology aimed to improve blood pressure control at a large academic medical center. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association, Volume 59, Issue 2, S104 -S109.e1.Epub Jan/2019 Pub Mar-Apr 2019
- Farris, KB, Mitrzyk BM, Batra P, Peters J, Diez, HL, Yoo, A, McKay K, Friend K, Danko L, Waber R, Marshall VD, Choe HM. Linking the patient-centered medical home to community pharmacy via an innovative pharmacist care model. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association, Volume 59, Issue 1, 70 -78.e3. Epub Nov/2018 Pub Jan-Feb 2019
- Wells T, Rockafellow S, Holler M, Coe AB, Yoo, A, Choe HM, Thompson, AN. Description of pharmacist led-quality improvement huddles in the patient-centered medical home model. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association, Volume 58, Issue 6, 667 -672.e2; Epub Sept/2018Pub Nov-Dec 2018