Dr. Ashley Wester is a Pediatric Cardiology Clinical Pharmacist Specialist at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital. As a valued member of the multidisciplinary team with the Congenital Heart Center, Dr. Wester provides recommendations for medication therapy including but not limited to: antimicrobial agent and dose selection, analgesia and sedation weans, steroid weans, cardiovascular agent and dose selection, management of pharmacokinetics, management of anticoagulation, etc. for complex patients with congenital and acquired heart diseases.
Pharmacy School Attended: University of Michigan (2014)
- PGY1 Pharmacy: Wake Forest Baptist Health; Winston-Salem, NC (2015)
- PGY2 Pediatrics: – Brenner Children’s Hospital, Wake Forest Baptist Health; Winston-Salem, NC (2016)
- Michigan Pharmacist Foundation Health Professionals Leadership Academy (2020)
Areas of Interest
Post-operative sedation management, anticoagulation, Extracorporeal support (ECMO/VADs), pharmacy education
- Wester, A. and Shetty, A.K., 2016. Peramivir injection in the treatment of acute influenza: a review of the literature. Infection and drug resistance, 9, p.201
- Blackmer, A.B., Warschausky, S., Siddiqui, S., Welch, K.B., Horn, K., Wester, A., Warschausky, M. and Teitelbaum, D.H., 2015. Preliminary findings of long‐term neurodevelopmental outcomes of infants treated with intravenous fat emulsion reduction for the management of parenteral nutrition–associated cholestasis. Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, 39(1), pp.34-46.