I am the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Clinical Pharmacist Specialist. Patients served in the PICU include, but are not limited to, those with the following disease states or conditions requiring treatment: post-operative surgical care, status asthmaticus, status epilepticus, seizure disorders, burns, shock, diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA), ECMO, renal replacement therapy, transplant, sepsis, bone marrow transplant, hematology-oncology, ventilator-dependency, pediatric/neonatal nutrition, traumatic brain injury, infectious disease, and toxicology.The PICU team really relies on me for therapeutic drug monitoring, steroid weans, pain/sedation tapers, opioid conversions, IV to PO conversions, fluid stewardship, order maintenance, quality improvement, med safety, and antibiotic dosing and recommendations.
Pharmacy School Attended: University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy (2016)
- PGY1 Pharmacy: Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, OH (2017)
- PGY2 Pediatrics: Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, OH (2018)
Areas of Interest
Pain and sedation, Acute Kidney Injury
Honors & Awards
- Make a Difference Awards- Michigan Medicine
- Good Catch Safety Award for Mott Hospital(May 2019)
- Leja BM, Choi J, Sargel CL. Vancomycin Dosing: One Size Does Not Fit All. Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2018;19(6):587-588.