Anticoagulant Service pharmacists provide warfarin management for left ventricular assist device (LVAD) patients, DOAC selection & follow-up, peri-procedural antithrombotic management consultations, and general clinical pharmacy support for outpatient cardiology.
Pharmacy School Attended: University of Michigan (2009)
- PGY1: Toledo Hospital Family Medicine Residency (2010)
Areas of Interest
In collaboration with Michigan Anticoagulation Quality Improvement Initiative (MAQI2),improving quality of anticoagulation through multidisciplinary team-based care, increased patient engagement and standardization of care.
- Barnes, GD, Spranger E, Sippola E, Renner E, Ruff A, Sales AE, Kurlander JE. Assessment of a Best Practice Alert and Referral Process for Preprocedure Antithrombotic Medication Management for Patients Undergoing Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Procedures. JAMA Network Open. 2020;3(2):e1920548
- Bartlett J, Renner E, Mouland E, Barnes GD, KuoL, Ha NB. Clinical Safety Outcomes in Patients with Nonvalvular Atrial Fibrillation on Rivaroxaban and Diltiazem. Annals of Pharmacotherapy2019; Vol 53(1): 21-27.
- Rollins A, Hanigan S, Pogue K, Renner E, Barnes GD, Dorsch M. Identifying Clinical Predictors of Switching From Direct Oral Anticoagulants to Warfarin. Clinical Medicine Insights: Therapeutics. 2019 Jan. 11: 1-6.
- Barnes GD and Renner E(2018). Anticoagulation in Venous Thromboembolism. In J.F. Lau et al. Anticoagulation Therapy.Springer Nature.
- Kataruka A, Renner E, Barnes GD. Evaluating the role of clinical pharmacists in pre-procedural anticoagulation management. Hosp Pract. 2018 Feb;46(1):16-21.
- DeCamillo D and Renner E. ICHECK’D: Mnemonic approach assists in caring for patients receiving direct oral anticoagulant. Cardiology Today. 2018 January. 21(1): 12-13.
- Ashjian E, Kurtz B, Renner E, Yeshe R, Barnes GD. Evaluation of a pharmacist-led outpatient direct oral anticoagulant service. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2017 Apr 1;74(7):483-489.