I practice in an internal medicine clinic, providing care to patients with diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia under a collaborative practice agreement. I also practice as part of the multidisciplinary chronic kidney disease clinic team. I teach ambulatory care focused clinical skills in the P3 year as well as chronic disease management topics in the geriatrics and oncology electives.
Pharmacy School attended: University of North Carolina Eshelman School of Pharmacy (2013)
Additional training completed:
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice - Michigan Medicine (2014)
- PGY2 Ambulatory Care - Michigan Medicine (2015)
Areas of Interest
Diabetes, cardiovascular risk reduction, chronic kidney disease, interprofessional education, scholarship of teaching and learning.
Honors & Awards
- 2020 Interprofessional Leadership Fellow – University of Michigan Center for Interprofessional Education
- 2020 Ambulatory Care Preceptor of the Year – Michigan Medicine Pharmacy Residency Programs
- 2017 Making a Difference Award – Michigan Medicine
- Engle JP, Burke J, Ashjian EJ, Avery L, Borchert J, Faro S, Harris C, Herink M, Jain B, MacLaughlin E, Martello J, Moore K, Rogers E, Smith W, Stranges PM. ACCP Clincial Pharmacist Competencies: Advocating for alignment between student, resident, and practitioner competencies. J Am Coll Clin Pharm 2020;3:124-32.
- Maes ML, Ashjian EJ, Kippes KA, Marhsall V, Rida N, Thompson AN. Impact of conversion from long-acting or intermediate-acting basal insulin to follow-on insulin glargine on dosing and clinical outcomes. J Pharm Pract 2019; [epub ahead of print].
- Aldrich S, Ashjian E. Use of GLP-1 receptor agonists in patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and chronic kidney disease. Nurse Pract 2019;44:20-28.
- Ashjian EJ, Yoo A, Piette JD, Choe HM, Thompson AN. Use of interactive voice response technology to improve blood pressure control: An innovative process led by ambulatory care pharmacists at a large academic medical center. J Am Pharm Assoc 2019;59(2S):S104-S109.
- Ashjian EJ, Kurtz BM, Renner ET, Yeshe R, Barnes GB. Impact of a pharmacist-led outpatient direct oral anticoagulant service on medication appropriateness and adherence. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2017;74:483-489.
- Ashjian EJ, Tingen JM. Sodium glucose co-transporter-2 (SGLT2) inhibitors: Expanding the oral treatment options for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Nurse Pract. 2017; 42:8-15.
- Deal EN, Stranges PM, Maxwell WD, Bacci J, Ashjian EJ, DeRemer DL, Kane-Gill SL, Nogard NB, Dombrowski L, Parker RB. The importance of research and scholarly activity in pharmacy training. Pharmacotherapy 2016;36:e200-e205.
- Engle JP, Franks AM, Ashjian EJ, Bingham AL, Burke JM, Erstad BL, Haines SL, Hilaire ML, Rager ML, Wienbar R. A Self-Assessment Guide for Resident Teaching Experiences. Pharmacotherapy 2016;36:e58-79.
- Ashjian EJ, Redic KA. Multiple myeloma: Updates for pharmacists in the treatment of relapsed and refractory disease. J Oncol Pharm Pract. 2016; 22:289-302.
- Ashjian EJ, Salamin LB, Eschenburg K, Kraft S, Mackler E. Evaluation of outpatient medication reconciliation involving student pharmacists at a comprehensive cancer center. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2015; 55:540-5.