No specific pharmacy rotation offered as my role is currently non-traditional. I could assist with projects/papers or mentoring, particularly related to the area of technology-enabled practice.
Pharmacy School Attended: Wayne State University (BS in 1980; PharmD in 1982)
Areas of Interest
Technology-enabled practice, Medication safety, Outcomes research
Honors & Awards
- Fellow of the American Society of Health-system Pharmacists (FASHP) (1993)
- Wayne State University College of Pharmacy Distinguished Alumnus Award (1998)
- Pharmacist of the Year, Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists (1998)
- Joseph A. Oddis Leadership Award, Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists (2007)
- Pharmacist of the Year Award, Michigan Pharmacists Association (2009)
- ASHP Research and Education Foundation, 2009 Pharmacy Practice Research Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Research Literature Related to Pharmacy Practice in Health Systems.
- John W. Webb Lecture Award, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) and the Bouve’ College of Pharmacy, Northeastern University (2010)
- Honorary Resident, University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, Pharmacy Residency Program 50th Reunion (2013)
- Award for Distinguished Leadership in Health-System Pharmacy Practice. American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) (2013)
- Honorary Member, Phi Lambda Sigma Pharmacy Leadership Society, University of Michigan College of Pharmacy, Delta Kappa Chapter (2014)
- Excellence in Innovation Award, Michigan Pharmacists Association, for leading a statewide initiative to standardize the concentrations of compounded oral liquids for pediatrics (2015)
- ASHP Foundation’s 2017 Innovation in Pharmacy Practice Literature Award.
- Fellow, International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) (2018)
- Rathore AS, Stevenson JG, Chhabra H, Maharana C. The global landscape on interchangeability of biosimilars. BioPharm International(Submitted).
- Flynn AJ, Fortier C, Maehlen H, Pierzinski V, Runnebaum R, Sullivan M, Wagner J, Stevenson JG. A strategic approach to improving pharmacy enterprise automation: Development and initial application of the autonomous pharmacy framework. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2020 (Submitted).
- Stevenson JG, Lapointe S, Sabourin A, Reyes R-EJ, Phalen MJ, Mackler ER. Implementing a specialty pharmacy course within a professional pharmacy curriculum. Curr Pharm Teach Learn 2019; 11:106-113.
- Marini BL, Stevenson JG. Biosimilars in oncology: Current status, future directions, and clinical considerations. ACPE-accredited continuing education program for Postgraduate Health Education, LLC. https://www.powerpak.com/course/preamble/117527 Published November 30, 2018.
- Rathore AS, Vulto A, Stevenson JG, Shah VP. A perspective on challenges with successful commercialization of biosimilars –regulatory, scientific, pharmacovigilance, and pharmacoeconomics. BioPharm International 2019; 32:22-31.
- Reynolds TL, DeLucia PR,Esquibel KA, Gage T, Wheeler NJ, Randell A, Stevenson JG, Zheng K. Evaluating a handheld decision-support device in pediatric intensive care settings. JAMIA Open 2019; 2:49-61.
- Flynn AJ, Stevenson JG. The future of data, analytics and technology. In. ASHP Foundation Pharmacy Forecast 2018: Strategic Planning Advice for Pharmacy Departments in Hospitals and Health Systems. Am J Health Syst-Pharm 2018; 75:31-34.
- Degnan DD, Hertig JB, Peters MJ, Stevenson JG. Board of pharmacy practices related tomedication errors and their potential impact on patient safety. J Pharm Pract 2018; 31:312-321.
- Fanikos J, Burger M Canada T, Fleming J, Harder KA, Pham JC, Sawyer MD, Stevenson JG. An assessment of currently available IV push medication delivery systems. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2017; 74:e230-5.
- Stevenson JG, Popovian R, Jacobs I, Hurst S, Shane LG. Biosimilars: practical considerations for pharmacists. Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2017; 51: 590–602.
- Patel TS, Cinti S, Sun D, Li S, Luo R, Wen B, Stevenson JG. Oseltamivir for pandemic influenza preparation: maximizing the use of an existing stockpile. American J Infect Control 2017; 45:303-305.
- Lenz J, Degnan DD, Hertig JB, Stevenson JG. A review of best practices of intravenous push medication administration. J Infusion Nursing 2017; 40:354-358.
- Patel TS, Kaakeh, R, Nagel JL, Newton DW. Stevenson JG. Cost analysis of implementing MALDI-TOF plus real-time antimicrobial stewardship intervention for bloodstream infections. J Clin Microbiology 2017; 55:60-67.
- Stevenson JG, Green L. Biologics, pharmacovigilance, and patient safety: It's all in the name. Invited commentary. J Managed Care Spec Pharm 2016; 22:927-930.
- Stevenson JG. Challenges with the introduction of biosimilars in the US. Am J Pharm Benefits 2016; 8:93-96.
- Stevenson JG. Biosimilars: Examining approaches to real-world challenges. Medscape Education Oncology. Retrieved 4/4/2016 from http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/857772.
- Alvarez-Risco A, Del-Aguila-Arcentales S, Stevenson JG. Pharmacists and mass communication for implementing pharmaceutical care. Am J Pharm Benefits 2015; 7:e125-e126.
- Stevenson JG. Clinical data and regulatory issues of biosimilar products. Am J Manag Care 2015; 21:S320-S330.
- Vermeulen L, Moles R, Collins J, Gray A, Sheikh AL, Surugue J, Moss RJ, Ivey MF, Stevenson JG, Takeda Y, Ranjit E, Chaar B, Penm J. Revision of the FIP Basel Statements on the future of hospital pharmacy: Basil to Bangkok. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2016; 73: 1077-86.
- Engels MJ, Ciarkowski SL, Rood J, Wang B, Wagenknecht L, Dickinson C, Stevenson JG. Standardization of compounded oral liquids for pediatric patients in Michigan. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2016; 73:981-90.
- Wang B, Brummond P, StevensonJG. Comparison of barcode scanning by pharmacy technicians and pharmacists’ visual checks for final product verification. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2016; 73:69-75.
- Burger GS, Jorgenson JA, Stevenson JG. Building a business case for an outpatient pharmacy. Healthcare Financial Management 2015(June);76-81.
- Shaya FT, Gradman A, Kim MH, Kountz DS, Wilbanks J, Stevenson JG, Larsen DL, Wysong M, Chirikov V. A call for appropriate evidence and outcomes based use and measurement of anticoagulation for atrial fibrillation: Moving the population towards improved health via multiple stakeholders. J Manag Care Spec Pharm 2015;21:1034-1038.
- Stevenson JG, Bruhnsen K. Strategies to improve PBM management of an employee prescription drug plan. Am J Pharm Benefits 2015;7(1):e10-e14.