I have been involved with residency leadership for 7 years and a practicing emergency medicine pharmacist for 11 years. My clinical practice includes both pediatric and adult emergency services. I chair the residency advisory committee (RAC) and am a member of our pharmacy department's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee, Professional Development Committee, and Human Resources Committee. On my rotation, you will learn the administrative side of pharmacy residencies, which is a great opportunity for those interested in eventually becoming a program director (RPD).
Pharmacy School Attended: Wayne State University (2009)
- PGY1 Pharmacy - Henry Ford Hospital (2010)
- PGY2 Critical Care- Henry Ford Hospital (2011)
- ASHP Leadership Academy (2020)
Areas of Interest
Progression of residency training, incorporation of residency training in practice models, healthcare wellness and burnout prevention, diversity in residency recruitment
- Horng M, Brunsman AC, Smoot T, Starosta K, Smith ZR. Using lean methodology to optimize time to antibiotic administration in patients with sepsis. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy March 2018, 75 (5 Supplement 1) S13-S23.
- Starosta K, Davis SL, Kenney RM, Peters M, To L, Kalus JS. Creating objective and measurable postgraduate year 1 residency graduation requirements. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy March 2017, 74 (6) 389-396.