I am a member of an interdisciplinary team responsible for managing home parenteral nutrition and medications used to treat intestinal failure and its complications.
Pharmacy School Attended: University of Michigan (1991)
- PGY1 Pharmacy: University of Michigan (1992)
Areas of Interest
Intestinal failure, home parenteral nutrition, ethanol lock, nutrition support drug shortages, IV iron therapy, SMOF lipid, small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), fluid and electrolytes
Honors & Awards
- 2018 ASPEN Clinical Nutrition Team of Distinction Award
- 2015 Making a Difference Award, University of Michigan
Published Articles or Reviews
- Blackmer, AB, Partipilo, ML. Three-in-one Parenteral Nutrition in Neonates and Pediatric Patients: Risk and Benefits. Nutrition in Clinical Practice. 30(3):337-43, 2015 Jun
- Chen, C, Harris, MB, Partipilo, ML, Welch KB, Teitelbuam, DH, Blackmer, AB. Impact of the Nationwide Intravenous Selenium Product Shortage on the Development of Selenium Deficiency in Infants Dependent on Long-Term Parenteral Nutrtion. Jpen: Journal of Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition. 40(6):851-9, 2016 08
- Ralls, MW, Blackwood, RA, Arnold MA, Partipilo, ML, Dimond J, Teitelbaum DH.Drug Shortage-associated Increase in Catheter-related Blood Stream Infections in Children. Pediatrics. 2012; 130(5), e1369-73.