I care for patients in the Trauma/Burn ICU as well as non-ICU patients on the burn surgery and acute care surgery services. I also coordinate the critical care elective course at the College of Pharmacy.
Pharmacy School Attended: University of Pittsburgh (2015)
- PGY-1 Pharmacy: Indiana University Health, Indianapolis IN (2016)
- PGY-2 Critical Care: University of Michigan (2017)
Areas of Interest
Medication safety in the ICU, sedation, burns, nutrition
- Kurish BA, Alaniz C, Miller JT, Farina NM. Safety Push Dose Phenylephrine in Adult ICU Patients. The American Journal of Emergency Medicine. [Epub ahead of print]. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2020.05.087
- Farina N, Alaniz C. Reconsidering Dexmedetomidine for Sedation in the Critically Ill: Implications of the SPICE III Trial. Annals of Pharmacotherapy. 2020; 54(5):504-508.
- Farina N. Asking the Correct Questions of Push Dose Vasopressors. The American Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2019;37(8):1599
- Farina N, Bixby A, Alaniz C. Angiotensin II Brings More Questions Than Answers. P&T. 2018;43(11): 685-687.
- Farina NM, Anderson CA. Impact of dextrose dose on hypoglycemia development following treatment of hyperkalemia. Therapeutic Advances in Drug Safety. 2018;9(6): 323-329.
- Farina NM, Miller JT. Pharmacologic reversal of direct oral anticoagulants. Crit Care Nurs Q.2018 Apr/Jun;41(2):121-128.