The Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R) at the University of Michigan provides a variety of classes and services promoting better health and fitness for both our patients and the general population. We offer medically based exercise classes and programs taught by degreed and/or certified professionals to assist participants achieve the following benefits:
- Improved quality of life
- Improved body composition and weight control
- Improved core and back strength
- Improved cardiovascular fitness
- Increased muscular strength and endurance
- Reduced risk of heart disease, diabetes and cancer
- Healthier bones, muscles, and joints
- Increased flexibility
- Reduced stress
- Increased confidence and overall knowledge of health and fitness
Our facility includes:
- Cardiovascular training equipment (treadmills, bicycles, NuSteps, upper body cycle, ellipticals and stairstepper)
- Cybex, FreeMotion & Precor strength training equipment
- Dumbells, TRX, kettlebells, medicine balls, Bosu Trainers, stability balls, resistance tubing, etc.
- Locker room with showers (located in the PT department on 2nd floor of building)
7:00 am - 7:00 pm Monday - Thursday
7:00 am - 6:00 pm Friday
Closed Saturday & Sunday
Registration and Information
If you are interested in any of our programs, please fill out the intake form. We will be in contact with you to get you registered for the correct program.
All participants must register prior to attending a class. In some cases, you may be required to receive exercise clearance from your physician prior to participation.
For the Doctor's Clearance form, please click here.
For the Health History Form, please click here.
If you do not find the answer to your question in any of the brochures, please do not hesitate to contact Britt Michel, Manager of Transition Programs at email@example.com.