Hometown: Toledo, Ohio
Undergraduate: The Ohio State University
Medical School: University of Toledo
Favorite Places in Ann Arbor: Cultivate Tap and Brew House, HOMES Brewery, Cafe Ollie
Why UM? Diverse patient population, amazing research resources, great teaching from intelligent and approachable attendings, and awesome group of active residents
Areas of Interest
- Dancing, Pickup Basketball, Softball, Woodworking
- Neurorehabilitation, Pain diagnostics and treatment, Non-invasive Brain Stimulation
Honors & Awards
- Diversity and Excellence Scholarship award, University of Toledo (2009 - 2014)
- Morrill Scholars Program, Excellence Scholarship, The Ohio State University (2005 - 2009)
Castellanos, J. (2016) Radial Neuropathy Exacerbated by Ligamentous Laxity in Pregnancy and by Chemotherapy: A Case Report. AAPM&R Annual Assembly, New Orleans, LA
Castellanos J, Smith SR, Stork R.(2017) Levetiracetam used as monotherapy in Lance-Adams Syndrome. (Submitted)
Castellanos J, Smith SR. Poster 279 Radial Neuropathy Exacerbated by Ligamentous Laxity in Pregnancy and by Chemotherapy: A Case Report. PM R. 2016 Sep;8(9S):S251.
Non Peer-Reviewed Publications
Castellanos, J. (2013) Carpal Tunnel: A Funny Feeling in my Hand. Healthy Living News, March; http://hlntoledo.com/health-and-beauty-f/110-september-2013/243-the-acad...
Castellanos. J (2017). Medical Cannabis and its Role in PM&R. University of Michigan Dept. of PM&R Grand Rounds. June 15th, 2017
Castellanos, J. (2016) Basics of Peripheral Nerve Ultrasound. University of Michigan Weekly Neuromuscular Conference. November 23rd. 2016
Castellanos, J. (2016) A Data-Driven Approach to Identifying New Risk Factors for Sports-Related Concussion. University of Michigan Dept. of PM&R Ted Cole Research Day, Ann Arbor, MI.
Castellanos, J, (2012) Validation of 16S rRNA Gene Sequencing for Bacterial Identification, The University of Toledo Goldblatt Research Forum; Toledo OH.
Castellanos, J. (2012) Lhermitte Duclos: Pathologic Findings. University of Toledo, Clinical Neurology Pathology May Conference.
Castellanos, J. (2012) Pheochromocytoma:A Case Report. Toledo Pathology Society April Meeting, Toledo, OH.
Interdepartmental Conferences, Pathological Findings Presentation
1. University of Toledo, Tumor Board Conference:September, 2011; February, 2012; April, 2012.
2. University of Toledo, Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecology-Pathology Conference: November, 2011; March, 2012.
3. University of Toledo, Dept. of Radiology, Radiology-Pathology Conference: December, 2011.
4. University of Toledo, Dept. of Urology, Genitourinary-Pathology Conference: January, 2012.